Osun
The Osun State Government has warned individuals and groups against any action capable of disrupting public peace, calling on political actors and residents to embrace post-election reconciliation and peace-building.
The government also condemned reports of plans by some stakeholders to trigger fresh crises across local government councils and motor parks in the state.
In a statement issued on Sunday by the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Oluomo Kolapo Alimi, the government expressed condolences to victims of pre-election tensions and violence, while calling for healing and an end to conflict in the post-election period.
The government noted that there had been immediate post-election disruptions in some parts of the state and urged residents to allow the restoration of peaceful coexistence and rule-based interactions among all sectors of society.
It said reports of plans to ignite fresh rounds of crisis across local government councils and motor parks were disturbing, adding that any such plan should stop immediately in the interest of public peace.
According to the government, Osun needs peace for development rather than violence in politics.
The statement said the election had been won and lost, adding that President Bola Tinubu and the state governor had engaged on a peaceful way forward.
It warned that any move towards violence would represent an affront on the Presidency and the Nigerian Constitution.
The government also called on security agencies to ensure a return to the rule of law by securing the release of political detainees and ending what it described as perceived partisan policing, particularly in the management of local governments and motor parks.
It urged all political actors to speak and act peacefully, stressing that Osun should now focus on healing and rebuilding rather than returning to the killings and violence witnessed before the election.