Nollywood filmmaker, Kunle Afod, has solicited help for veteran actor, Opebe, amid his battle with an unknown illness.
Afod made the plea on Friday during his visit to Opebe’s residence in Ibadan.
Afod said Opebe was not in good health, adding that the actor’s condition had continued to deteriorate.
He appealed to Nigerians and well-meaning individuals to assist Opebe by providing medical support or helping to identify where he could receive appropriate treatment.
When asked about the nature of his sickness, Opebe explained that he had been away from the screen because of his health.
He said he had undergone a series of medical tests, but no specific illness was diagnosed.
According to him, doctors only discovered that he was short of blood, after which he was given four pints of blood.
Opebe added that he had been battling the health condition since last year and had visited different hospitals in search of treatment.
He said his condition was now getting worse despite not being diagnosed with any particular illness.